Thursday, November 29, 2012

Aw, Shucks! Amazing Moments in Progress!

Just a chronicle of the handful of amazing moments I've been having here in Cape San Blas:

(more adventures of this journey forthcoming!)

I was shucking oysters with Bubba at the Indian Pass Raw Bar in Gulf County, between Port St. Joe and Apalachicola, and I found two pearls!






On the dock of Salinas bayou at St. Joe Bay, a dragonfly befriended me!




Shared the sunrise with this beautiful bird.




I take long bike rides every day then jump in the ocean.




Went horseback riding with Li'l Bit on a rainy day, and the sun burst out at sunset!




One of my favorite things is visiting old cemeteries. This is a confederate/yellow fever cemetery in Apalachicola, with gravestones dating back to the mid 1800s.




Admired workhorse shrimping boats and paused to wonder about the life of a shrimper.




Went to an Estaurine and saw tons of species. Then on the way out to the car, we encountered four black bears!



I've learned to make the perfect margarita. I put the whole pitcher in the cooler and take it to the beach with us!





And my first shrimp boil was a huge success: fresh gulf shrimp, fresh yellowfin tuna, hushpuppies, zucchini and summer sqaush, and red potatoes, served with ice cold beer!






No comments:

Post a Comment