Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Photo365 Fall '13: Gold, Purple, and Blue

 
Labor Day Weekend...not quite fall, no longer summer. Shots of my parents' backyard as dusk approaches. This is one of my favorite places in the world.



 
One Sunday afternoon in October, we went to Crown Hill Cemetary


 
This is the gravesite of the children's poet, James Whitcomb Riley

 Here's a view of Indianapolis from the highest point in Indianapolis
 
 

Gravesite of JWR


School kids come and leave pennies, flowers, and wreaths. Thank you, Indiana! Thank you JWR!


 
Gothic chapel




I'm always saddened to see gravestones like these. I wonder who this little girl was.
 
 
I love this tree at Intech Park. I always loved my twice daily walks on the trails. I'd give myself pep talks to make it through the afternoon.


 
I love Holliday Park! Here is White River in September
 





 
This is my favorite picture. It looks like an eye.







Coney Island Beer!



Don't you love the early fall purples and yellows?


See why I loved working at Intech Park? No one in my  office ever walked here. They don't know about life.
 


Milkweed opening its seed for fall plantings


My begonias in October. I had pansies through the snow!

I planted trees this summer. I named this one for Jascha, and look, he bloomed before the snow came. I can't wait for spring when he'll beckon hummingbirds. Jascha Tree.
 

There were hardly any sunny days in October. We spent this one at McCormick's Creek State Park






Spaghetti squash buck shot. Thank you, Indiana!



This tree is....

Raccoon Lake on a sunny Monday
 


We ventured out into Amish country on dirt roads and found this old covered bridge. I got out to take a picture. Larry locked the car doors. ????
 

We went to Mounds State Park. Indian burial ground.
 






I made comfort food for a cold day. Pan fried chicken, mac and cheese, green beans


We went to Turkey Run on a rainy day.
 






 
I love Turkey Run!







Beehive honey

 
Indiana Sundown

 
I had some dreams there were clouds in my creek


Sunsets over an empty baseball field
 


 Crescent Moon
 

 
Flat12 Bierworks. One day we did a little urban adventure to breweries and antique shops.

Throne made out of a shopping cart.

Thank goodness this diner is Sanitary.

Midland Arts and Antiques

Last Roses of 2013. Brilliant Pink.


 
Cataract Fall State Park
 



Someone wrote a pukey poem on a state landmark, and someone else told them, "This Blows." Someone Else knows best.

We have a fun hobby. Pack cooler. Jump in car. See where land. Drink beer.


Beavers

Snow came early this year


My "roomie" was the keyboardist for Wicked

We had orchestra seats!

My roomie sang "Once in Love with Amy" in my parlor for my guests

Thanksgiving Eve with Grace and Lauren playing Pictionary

Grace tells us about the violin bow, made of horse hair

This was the first time my dad has ever played a game with us. I had to take a picture.

Lauren is the dog whisperer

I love bringing out their artistic side

Lauren loves Primo

Lauren and I did our nails

I had a perfect day. I worked on my book all day and all night, then got take-out Chinese. I grew up in small town, and we didn't have take-out Chinese. I'd see these boxes on TV and think, "I'm going to get take out Chinese someday!"  And I did!

First Frost

Larry's Sugar Maple

Mounds State Park

 


Running trails in Larry's neighborhood





Grey Steel
 
North Lake, Thanksgiving




 
Grand Mere, Thanksgiving













 
My mom and dad


Earl, Lori, and kids: Luke, Grace, Daniel, and Lauren

Zippity!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment