Friday, May 20, 2016

Weekly Inventory 5/20

Some people find that writing down "one good thing" per day a useful tool to keep them open, mindful, grateful, and present.

At some point, I'd like to come up with a better title for this soon-to-be weekly column.

So for week ending 5/20, here it goes:

Saturday--attended a big birthday bash/dance party for my friend David at the Woodruff Place Town Hall. Larry danced the night away with me. Everyone so casual and open.

Sunday--Our sixth anniversary! I had made Larry's favorites all weekend, and he kept surprising with printed snapshots of various moments of our six years together.
               created an intimate meal with a whole cooked chicken in lemon, garlic, and orange au jus; carmelized cauliflower, rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes.

Monday--beautiful rain making gardens and trees seem a Victorian terrarium

Tuesday--Spied a man "tailgating" in the parking lot before work. He was parked in last row, had this hatch open and some good old fashioned 70s soul music playing, while drinking from his old school thermos. He made me think about enjoying the quiet little moments every chance we get.

Wednesday--Up early for a morning walk. Later that day took a nice run. Spent time in flower beds and garden, rearranging, re-propagating, saying little prayers about growth and potential. 

Thursday--Out checking on my new spring flowers and wondering if it will ever get warm enough for the hummingbirds to return, a hummingbird flies up to me--more specifically, the giant begonia hanging planter that Larry gifted me for our anniversary!
 ---Started reading a book by Oprah Winfrey called "This I Know for Sure."
---Tentatively reached out to a friend with whom I have been losing touch the last few years. Resulted in an invitation on friend's part to spend some time together next week.

Friday--bought two cherry trees! I have been wanting to add fruit to my backyard suburban farm for years, and I decided now is the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment