Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Thank you 2019! Winter/Spring

2019 started out with a lovely dinner party at Ralf and Jim's house for New Year's Eve. Some roses they sent home with me.

January and February were kind of a blur of cold weather and low motivation. We had taken an impromptu trip to Mexico, staying in a beautiful jungle/beach hotel, and coming back to bleak Indiana got the better of me. I still enjoyed a January sunset!

 And reading and writing with Abby. This was a really good book written by a Japanese man.






Spent Valentine's Day at Larry's. I had to work that night, but he surprised me with some heart-shaped pizza, heart-shaped cake, and beautiful roses.








Spring could not get here soon enough.


My new neighbors--Burrito and Li'l Red. They live at the Flower and Forest shop down the road.
I went on an audition in January and when I never got a call one way or the other, I realized it would be my last audition ever. 


Until I took one more chance on a snowy, nasty early March evening. I was stunned to learn I had been cast as the competition was overwhelming.


Springtime snow.


We chose Oregon and California Redwoods for our adventure this year.

I like to be present for spring flowers

Magnolia in my back yard. My spirits start to pick up!


Had a really nice birthday in Michigan. My mom took me to Tosi's. Here's an article she wrote about their famous waitress some forty years ago, still hanging in the restaurant. Later we watched Ten Commandments and I found out that I have long lost lover: Yul Brynner.



The next week, I asked a few of my friends--Michele, Eric, Patrick, and Christine to join us at the Venezuelan place down the street then back to my house for margaritas, cake, and a game. Nice quiet birthday with some good friends.









I get excited when my Alliums sprout up!


Some fun back stage at Love, Loss, and What I Wore. On Mother's Day, my mom's best friend from childhood drove her down to see the show, and they had a wonderful time--road tripping, eating out, exploring, and seeing a play they absolutely loved! 



Abby hated me when I had to put a collar around her to make her stop licking a sore!

A yummy pretty salad


Sorting out seeds for my sunflower garden. Turned out I didn't need to plant any. Last year's crop took care of the planting this year.





I have a brother I rarely see. He came back to Michigan to see a friend who had a terminal illness. 



I worked hard in this play and had a great time






Enjoyed a wildflower walk in Eagle Creek on my birthday.



























roses from the cast and crew of Love Loss and What I Wore






We went to Sleeping Bear Dunes and the Old Mission Peninsula for Memorial Day Weekend. Stayed in an Airstream on an organic farm. Had a wonderful trip!






 Trillions of Triliums in the northern forests!






Hopped a ferry at the crack of dawn to spend a day on South Manitou Island. Incredible day of hiking and sunshine!










Cherry Everything in Glen Arbor, a beautiful little artist's town in upper Michigan!


Wandered around an old insane asylum, now being repurposed for yuppie pleasure.




Up in the wilderness in the off season, we had a little trouble finding open restaurants. This was one in an old school house. We were surprised to find a Curling Rink inside.























We loved Old Mission Peninsula and Traverse City and the bays. We explored wineries and lighthouses.








The old school house is now a restaurant and Curling arena!




Cozy in our Airstream!





















I don't know how these photos get so out of order. My mom's really pretty azaleas.


The ramp field behind the airstream!





Fascinating history at the old asylum for the insane.




No comments:

Post a Comment