Thursday, April 28, 2016

Birthday Wishes

Today is my birthday, and I want to wish myself a happy one! I woke up 48 years old today! But look, I'm excited about my birthday, just like a 9 year-old. I stepped out in the driveway before getting into my car for the drive into work. It had stormed all night, so I was expecting torrential rain. I looked up at the black and grey streaked heavy sky and saw a patch of blue and pink, the sun chasing away the angry clouds! Stepping out of my car in the parking lot, the air smelled scrubbed clean, the the perfumed petals of blossoms sweetened the air. I paused to consider all the things in life that offer up beauty and respite. I thought of the gift of living life and growing older and wiser. I thought of my fortunes--the love and birthday wishes from a caring, passionate, and energetic partner; my mom and dad; Earl &Lori; my friends, Amanda, Dave, and Andre. A job enables me to be independent and solvent with some to spare and some to share. A strong physical and mental constitution. My sweet kitty. Upcoming adventures. Books to read. Nieces to dote on. A garden to tend.  Meals to share with friends. Sunrises and sunsets. A house to call home.

I love my simple life.
I simply have everything.










No comments:

Post a Comment