Sunday, December 28, 2014

Photo 365 2014

2014 in photographs. I accidentally deleted a chunk of photos from summer and fall. I had some of Primo's last days in that batch, and losing those pictures was another blow.

I'll start with some of the last pictures of 2013:

Christmas 2013



A few days before Christmas, it appeared as if Primo had a series of strokes. I took him to the vet, fearing the worst but learning that he had a mild and common condition called vestibularitis, easily remedied with the human drug meclizine. He was also cleared to take Rimadyl for his arthritis after recovering. He quickly took to the Rimadyl, running and leaping on our daily walks, showing the exuberance he did as a young dog.




My mom sent my dad a subtle message about his attitude.


Mom and her dog, Cookie


Taking Grace to get her ears pierced. A fun girls day!







We had a wonderful time at the poetry slam in early January at Indy Artist Colony













A fun snowy day in Holliday Park


Outside CTS, Christian Theological Seminary, part of Butler University just down the road from my house.


Some Indy artists: spoken word artist Tony Styxx


Son Lux with special guests Lily and Madeline


Visiting author series at Butler with Jessmyn Ward




January Turkey Run








We always pack lunch and eat it on trail. Beer is the best part of lunch

Found these snow hearts




Playing a good old fashioned game of Rack-O on a snowy Sunday


Valentine's flowers delivered to my office



Primo sleeps in after a long walk on Friday night


Valentine flowers, card, candy, and menu.

V

Scones


Indy's best pizza: Bazbeaux


Larry got me a gas fireplace for Christmas. Here's our first dinner by the fire.




Larry built a pillow castle for Abby


Reading by firelight


First signs of spring



Some college kids stayed in my artists hostel for spring break. They don't wear matching shoes


Crocuses in early spring


Pussy willows become blossoms



Symphony and dinner at Morton's.


Mom made Jell-O eggs for Easter


A really fun birthday party with family


Taking the kids to see Grandma on our one of our outings



I tried a selfie, and I didn't like it



Took the kids to see the latest Muppet movie over Easter, and Daniel colored his egg like the character Constantine


Birthday at Stutz Artist Open House with Lare. His first time.




Chess set of superheroes


Larry with his girlfriend

















Praying mantis bicycle


First sprouts of my garden


Geodes


Fun with strawberries




Lots of lilies


Planted two more trees











My mom put a spider in the bed for a joke


My garden is coming along


The fake Eagles at Symphony on the Prairie




Birthday at Turkey Run


Crab trees in bloom



Birthday flowers/hanging basket sent to my office



A zither artist practices in the Beat Lounge (and brings me beer, above)



I made myself a birthday dinner and birthday muffins and birthday Brussels sprouts




Spring at the Lillyfields of the IMA












Hanging on the pier in St. Joseph with nieces and nephew













Black swan on the lake




Nieces on Easter




Wearing birthday presents from Larry: Detroit hat and shirt











Irving Theater



The Magical History Tour with Jodee, Larry and friends in the Chicken Limo





The Dorman Street saloon. Used to be a fun place until it was discovered!



Part of the Magical History Tour. Elvis's last concert: Market Square Arena



Buddha beer


My friend Maggie was on Jeopardy



An anniversary picnic with Larry and Primo at Hundred Acre Wood



Ducks in the outfield at an Indians Game. Foul foul!




Street Dance at Indiana Ave Music Fest




Picnic at Shades State Park





Garden is growing!


Cuz I love plums







Veggie face


We learned to make homemade ice cream. This is St. John: vanilla mango coconut



Brian and Deb's wedding


Garden table: zucchini fritters and salad




Had a slumber party with the girls






Had a girls night with my mom at Tabor Hill



One minute the sky was blue, the next stormy. This was a harbinger of my days to come.

IndyFringe 2014 "UnMasked: Curt from Detox" from my project Twilight Productions. With Curtis Shepard

Fans of the show

Larry's home grown tea roses

I didn't know it then, but this would be one of the last pictures I'd take of Primo. Holliday Park






A beautiful late summer day at Eagle Creek



Primo and I relax in the back yard

Gift from friend Mike


 Cocktail Hour under the Tree of Forgetfulness in my backyard


Harvesting






A nice day biking to Zionsville


The last picture I have of Primo.

 My Grandma Adallae passed away September 30. We celebrated her life October 4







Fall hike the day after Grandma's memorial with Earl, Lori, kids, mom, and Lare in Grand Mere

















Packing for vacation in Cape San Blas. Abby jumps in every open drawer



Wonderful two weeks in Cape San Blas













Looks like dinosaur bones











I cooked almost every night of vacation because of the abundance of freshly caught seafood. Here's red snapper, shrimp, and scallops

View from our porch








Abby watching the sunset


























First cold fall day I made pumpkin pancakes



When I work from home, Abby lays on my computer and takes a bath


Larry's birthday


Packing a suitcase for Thanksgiving


How I felt throughout much of December


Packing a bag for Michigan trip for Christmas


Larry got me the new Lucinda Williams album (yes, album, not CD) for Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment