Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Intentions/Reflections on Winter Solstice

On Winter Solstice, the air was balmy, so I went for a walk before twilight, even though I had a ton of things to do, and the walk turned into a run when I glimpsed behind a house what looked to be a giant fiery pink sunset, the biggest I'd ever seen.

I ran to the sunset, and she paused but briefly atop the woods for me to admire.

How grateful I was to see possibly the biggest sunset of my life, and right in my neighborhood, and also to be running again after my bike wreck.

I am recovered and I am resilient!

This isn't the actual sunset I saw, but it was darn close.












I came home from my run breathless, the cool air burning in my lungs, sweat turning into shivers. I made some dinner, lit a fire, turned on my Christmas tree lights, poured some tea, then poured out my heart!

I spent the rest of the evening working on some handmade gifts and wrapping them.

I always want to remember this day!


A little winter music magic for you:



Claude deBussy: Clair de Lune

No comments:

Post a Comment