Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Photo 365 Summer 2015-1



"Summer Snow." Petals falling from flowering crab tree, giving way to fruit.



Larry has nice running trails in his neighborhood. Came across this cute snake out on a jog one day.




Bounty of fruits! Pineapple, lemon, lime, avocado, mango, strawberries, plums


This is my weather app: If Abby hides behind the toilet, a storm is coming.


Tea roses from Larry every Friday!


Abby was prepping for the Lucinda Williams concert!





Ladies and Gentlemen: Lucinda Williams! I had a spot front and center and rocked out for five hours for two openers, Lu, and two encores! Lu singled me out of the crowd and rocked with me. This must mean we are now best friends! This was my favorite concert ever! 






Larry captured me rocking out to Honey Bee!



I went for a long walk after a break in the rain one evening. As I reveled in life and freedom, I began noticing the beauty of the wild flora in my neighborhood.



I like to find "hearts" in nature.













Looks like candy corn!


Now, a lot of pictures of flowers from my urban prairie project!









Remember amber-colored glass walls and doors of the 1970s? I bought these from a rummage sale.


I had lost interest in riding, then one evening after work forced myself to go. I wound up at Eagle Creek, and was so happy, I took a selfie! Two months later I would be in a horrendous bike wreck. Six months later, I would be the victim of asshole vandals and near robbers at Eagle Creek.








We got a lot of rain this summer. Camping plans were cancelled week after week. We got a break in the weather one Saturday afternoon, so we set up the new tent in my back yard!












I had made up all the camp food ahead of time, even though we wound up not going camping that weekend. Here is chicken & noodles with biscuits and veggies in a foil pack, cooked over the coals. Delicious!



Abby wanted to camp, too.





From my bedroom window.




We were supposed to go camping in Turkey Run, but it was flooded. We went one day for hiking. Only a few spots that weren't flooded.  




My favorite tree in the world: on the bluff in St. Joe



We hung out with Larry's friend on his boat at Pier 33 on 4th of July weekend




Fun 4th of July cookout at my uncle's house. Playing with my nieces and nephews in the alley. Great memories of my childhood in this very alley, where my grandparents lived a few houses down. Riding bikes, streetball, races, and trashdiving!













All kinds of interesting fungi from all the rain.







Fungi


Peppers from my garden





Fun night at the Fever game, followed by a nice walk downtown after a steaming rain shower, and pizza at Giorgios.



I made a chalkboard wall! Here were our summer plans. Some of them didn't work out.










No comments:

Post a Comment