Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Winter Solstice 2015

Happy Winter Solstice 2015.

Happy. (my present state of mind)
Winter. (a time of rest, reflection, rebirth)
Solstice. (sun standing still, moving to longer days.)

The Winter Solstice marks the longest night of the year.
It is a turning point, signifying the rebirth of the sun and the return of light.

It is from darkness that inspiration, strength, and life eventually emerge.
It is in darkness that our inner light is lit.

Let go of what is not needed anymore.
Celebrate the power of faith that your dreams and affirmations will come into manifestation.

On this day make a conscious effort to increase the amount of light,
positive thoughts, and love in and around you.



I love the Winter Solstice. Tonight I will celebrate with tea and oranges and meditation and candles and Christmas tree lights. I am so at home with myself when I dig into the beautiful rituals of the nature-loving observant pagans, who are unfairly maligned by Christians. 

On Dec.21 or 22, I celebrate the rebirth of my spirit.
On Dec. 24th, I celebrate the birth of Christ.

My god, my heart, and my mind are big enough to embrace it all--darkness giving way to light, stars to illuminate our path, deep restful sleep, and the hope for warm rays to draw us back out into the beautiful world again, refreshed and grateful.

Winter is a time of not dreaming but of knitting those dreams. Winter is a time of hibernation--time to reflect inward and search for what truly stirs us. Winter is a time of edification--realizing you can stand up to the elements. It is the time of sparkling diamonds on the grass and fiery pink afternoon sunsets. It is the time of quiet moonlit and star-strewn walks. Soon snowflakes will give way to fireflies, and now is our time to prepare.

I am grateful for this time I've been given on Earth. 

I'm grateful for the fruit and nectar.

Tonight I will celebrate my gratitude, and I will make clear my intentions to myself. These are my secrets I will later make known to the world.

























No comments:

Post a Comment